BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday 11 October 2009

Telling the news

I'm good at keeping secrets, but I don't like it. Those six weeks or so of having to keep news of the pregnancy to myself were like torture! I had one friend who is due the same week who knew, because it was thanks to her I had taken the test in the first place, so at least we had each other to talk to and each other's secret to keep. And I was very thankful for her, she already has a child so she was my oracle for pregnancy advice. I had told a couple of other friends too, because they had either guessed and/or asked outright but keeping it quiet at work when I was feeling so rotten was hard. I told my bosses early on though, so they would know why I was absent from my desk at intervals throughout the day, sometimes having to run away!

We told our parents the evening after the 12 week scan. Hubby's parents live in the US so it was a video Skype call they are unlikely to forget. All grandparents-to-be were thrilled though and reacted the way we expected - "Now will you get married?"

Telling the folks at work was easy. I wasn't sure how to handle it. It's not something I could walk into the office and announce but luckily I have a blabbermouth colleague who already knew and pretty much did the work for me. The standard reaction tends to be squealing and hugging! Hubby said the same. He started telling people at work and he said, there was a lot of screaming, all women seem to react that way!


0 comments: