BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday 11 October 2009

NCT social

Things started to ramp up noticeably as I slid into my third trimester. All of a sudden the calendar seemed to be filling up with baby-related events. Aside from appointments with doctors and midwives and various other medical testing type people more or less every week, NCT events were starting to make an appearance. We got confirmation of our antenatal classes in October and all of a sudden I was getting emails and an invitation to a Yahoo group for local mums-to-be. I am pretty excited about being involved and going to events. I plan to join the "bumps and babies" weekly get-togethers when I start maternity leave (when is that again?!) to meet other mums in my local area.

We went to our first social evening at a local pub. I wasn't totally sure what to expect but it was a good night and we chatted to some nice people. Most if not all the people there seemed to be of similar age and background/lifestyle to us. I wasn't sure how Hubby would feel about it all, I didn't know if I was dragging him there against his will, but he seemed to genuinely enjoy himself and got talking to people. It was something of a relief to feel like the choice to join the NCT was a good one and I started to look forward to meeting more people and attending the get-togethers and classes.

0 comments: