BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday 11 October 2009

Making an honest woman of me

In week 16 of my pregnancy my former boyfriend and fiance of 2 weeks, made me his wife. In all honesty I didn't care about getting married but under parental pressure and for ease of paperwork (for Baby's dual citizenship it is much easier for us to be married) we decided to have a small and quick ceremony before I got too big.

Our friends and colleagues thought we were crazy. We were moving house at that time and it wasn't as if we didn't have enough to do. But I thought it was great, I recommend planning and executing a wedding in 3 weeks, it is much less complicated that way. We booked a date, invited four friends, shopped for rings, had a formal proposal at lunch, and then had a lovely day tying the knot.

Baby wanted to make sure he wasn't forgotten that day though. During our lunch at Gordon Ramsay, I had to make a run to the bathroom and I threw up spectacularly!

The in-laws would like us to have a US wedding next year to have a proper celebration and we agreed to it but let's see if we ever get around to it!

0 comments: