BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday 11 October 2009

Sugary baby?

The GTT was an interesting experience. As much as lots of sitting around in a waiting room and traumatic blood-taking can be! I am really hard to get blood out of and always end up with more than the necessary number of holes in my arm which are soon swallowed up by a rainbow of bruises. So you can imagine my joy at having to have three done on each hour. Add to that having to drink the Lucozade. I haven't had that stuff since I was a kid, and I can tell you it very definitely hasn't improved since. Especially when served at room temperature in polystyrene cups!

For those who haven't experienced this, you have to fast from midnight the night before, then they take a blood sample from you in the morning. Then you drink some glucose solution or Lucozade, wait an hour and they take another blood sample. Then wait another hour and one more blood sample and that's it.

What amused me about it was how hyper Baby got as soon as I drank the Lucozade. Talk about a sugar rush for the little tyke! Another lady who was sat near me in the waiting room said the same, she was a little freaked out by how much her baby was moving.

I had a midwife appointment that same day and by then they had posted my results on the system. All clear and good. I passed!!

0 comments: