BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday 1 December 2009

It's never ending!

It seems like it's one drama after another. I just want to get on with my pregnancy in peace and hope for a safe and reasonably uncomplicated delivery resulting in a healthy and happy baby. Is that too much to ask?

"What now?", I hear you ask. Well, I tested positive for Strep B (GBS). I don't know about elsewhere but in the UK they don't test routinely for it, I only did the test because a friend told me about it. They did do a swab test for me at the hospital but were very honest about it being not totally reliable, so I paid to have a lab test done. This came back positive and I will have to discuss the implications of this with the midwife at my 38 week appointment on Thursday. What a drag. As I understand it, I may have to be given antibiotics during labour to avoid the potentially threatening infection passing to the baby. Not all babies are affected by the infection but it is potentially very serious for those who are. The worry about antibiotics is that they may affect either of us following the delivery so it is a case of weighing it up. I'm feeling really confused and anxious about it so I'll see what the midwife says before taking any next steps.

What a drag!

0 comments: