BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday 11 December 2009

Approaching d-day

I'm due next Tuesday, and feeling kind of strange about it. It's just this bizarre waiting game. I had several friends due around the same time and most have had their babies already, including the one person due after me. I think there are just three of us left, one due tomorrow and the other overdue from Wednesday. I feel like I will be the last. The nice thing is you get some great advice, but you do also have to hear a few scary stories!

Right now I'm feeling weird about it. For a couple of weeks now I have felt like I am really over being this tired and huge, and everything is ready and waiting and I feel really ready to meet my baby so I was getting impatient. But over this last week I have wanted him to hold off for a little longer. At the eleventh hour of my pregnancy I have started to feel like I'll miss my bump and also feeling my baby move inside me. Right now it's just him and me and I want to protect him, even though I of course can't wait to meet him and hold him. I've also had a stressful week and hardly slept so I don't feel strong enough to go through labour if he decides he's ready now.

We'll see. Hopefully things will start to happen next week and he won't wait too long.

0 comments: