BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday 4 November 2009

Growth scan

I was 34 weeks yesterday and had a growth scan to check how the little guy is doing. Scans always make me anxious, there's always that little niggling worry about finding something wrong. But I was fretting about nothing. So far he seems to be bang on target and doing well. He's growing at the right rate, current estimated weight being 5 lbs 4 ozs, and all measurements show as right in the middle of the range. We looked at brain, spine, kidneys, bladder and heart, and everything looks good. Good blood flow from the cord and placenta posterior high. Baby is also head down, as I'd suspected, and in good position. They announced it's just a matter of waiting for him to be ready to leave now, and the Obstetrics clinic don't need to see me again unless something else comes up so they discharged me into midwife care which is what I'd hoped for.

All good news and quite a relief. Now I'm counting down the days left at work (less than a week now!) and entertaining my in-laws who just arrived yesterday.

0 comments: